Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Blocked





I finally blocked the blue lace scarf. I've decided that blocking lace is not something I look forward to. My grafting row is uneven, drat. I'm not sure if I'll try to tighten it up or not. Otherwise, I like it, and I'm definitely going to make a larger stole/shawl for myself. And then I'm going to work up the courage to wear it in public. Thanks to my model, our favorite English Springer Spaniel.

Blue Lace Leaves Scarf

Pattern: by Ann Budd from an Interweave Knits Pamphlet (Split Leaf lace stitch)

Yarn: Knit Picks Ambrosia, 3 balls. I used every bit of yarn except a small swatch. I like the yarn, but perhaps I should have used larger needles to make the lace stitches more open. But this will feel very nice against the neck. The color is a little bold for me. I think I'll put it in the gift basket for a future charity event.

Needles: Knit Picks Options size 3

Finished Size: 8" x 52"

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

It's very pretty.

In the overall effect, that grafting row isn't going to show unless someone is looking for it.