Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

2KCBWDay4 Whatever Happened to My Shawl?

A few years ago, I had the urge to knit a shawl. They were all the rage. I read discussions about wearing them for casual and dressy.  I studied every photo with a person wearing their creation. Could I do that? I convinced myself that I could. I ordered "Wrapped in Comfort" by Alison Jeppson Hyde and gloss lace yarn from Knitpicks, and went to town. I knit the bigfoot pattern, intending to knit a short version. I didn't like the look of that, so I knit the long version. Hmmmm. I just couldn't see myself wearing it in public. It's lying in the bottom drawer of my dresser taking up valuable real estate. I love how it turned out, and I keep thinking someone will come along who wants/needs it. I hope it will have a happy ending like Alison's stories.

No comments: