Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Leftover Socks




I used the riverbed pattern, but am having trouble calculating the E, length before starting the arch increases. So the sock is a tad short. I used 54 stitches around the midfoot and leg. I had my denim colored opal to use up, so I divided it in half and started two socks, each on their own needle. I used the magic loop method. I made it to the leg of each sock as the yarn was running out.

I joined the trekking and used a pattern I found in Cat Bordhi’s book. It's called slipstich rings, but I changed it a bit. With the light blue as the MC and the dark blue as the CC, Rows 1 and 2: with CC Knit to end. Rows 3 and 4: with MC, *K2, sl1* to end. This pattern created a sort of ribbing, that is very pleasing. When the Opal ran out I just used the one color.

For the cuff, I decreased 10 st. and did 1x1 ribbing and then used Jeni’s magic cast off.

I like them!

Yarn: Opal, denim and Trekking XXL dark blues
Needles: size 1

No comments: