Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Up to my Neck




Pattern: White Gansey by Beth Brown-Reinsel
Yarn: Elizabeth Lavold Silky wool
Needles: Size 0 for ribbing, Addi Turbos Size 2 for body
Guage 6 st/in and 9 rw/in

I finished the neckline. The one pattern alteration I made: instead of a rolled neckline, I did 6 rows (3 ridges) of garter stitch. I used the "Russian bind off" by purling one stitch, *placing it on the left needle and P2 togther* to the end. I'm very pleased with it. I think it might have been even better to stop at two ridges, as it would have mirrored the pattern division in the body.

Also, I slipped the first stitch of every row on the upper body sections. I think it made picking up the sleeve stitches a little easier.

1 comment:

Marguerite said...

Thanks for the nice email. Your White Gansey is looking great. I especially like the way you finished off the neck.

I'm poking along on the gansey sleeves. I think they're going to be too baggy at the top, but I'm not frogging back. If it fits awful, it will be a good utility sweater. It's sure going to be warm and bulletproof.