Pages

Friday, July 21, 2006

I've Been Busy

I've been busy since I last posted. I fell under the spell of the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. Nevermind that most of the projects use garter stitch and cotton, two things I normally don't like. I made a washcloth, and am working on a baby's bib. I know of one new baby in the family that will get them.

There is a pattern for nesting felted boxes. I'm going to try one of those next. Then there is the baby's kimono. But what I really admire are the log cabin squares.

Plus I'm working on a pair of socks on two needles. I've decided I like that method. I'm going to use a short row heel instead of my usual heel flap and gusset method. The pattern is a four row lace rib pattern, and I'm using Opal sock yarn. I'll post photos of all this activity later.

No comments: