Pages

Monday, March 13, 2006

Sweater Questions


I'm not sure what to do about my sweater. The design is my own, and I think I already made an error. I wanted it to have a cable down the raglan sleeve with a chevron pattern in moss stitch across the front, back and sides. My problem is that I did too many rows plain before crossing the cable. The chevron maybe started okay, although I could have started it earlier too.

Also, the neck seems too large. It's hard to tell, a one inch ribbing might work out fine. I read on someone else's blog about the "Flashdance" neckline. I think that's what I created.

I'm thinking about ripping it out and starting over. Hmmmmm. Maybe I can drop down stitches from the neckline to add a cable crossing. That would fix one problem....

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, I especially love the fuzzy feet - I am still sitting on the fence about making a pair, need to, want to, but haven't yet! I started my knit blog a year ago, and have really enjoyed the experience. It has made me sharper, having to think about how to express what I want to share and or get explain.

Floats Knits and Purls

Oh yes, I have yet to try a sweater - to chicken there too ... so I have no help to offer, but will watch to see what assistance others send your way!