Pages

Friday, March 10, 2006

Onward




I've recovered from my Olympic knitting, only to be stymied by my new project. I picked out a wonderful deep red yarn, Cascade 220 worsted weight, and decided to try a top-down raglan sweater. I wanted to put a cable panel down the front, but I got too confused as to how the increases worked into the cables. I abandonned that idea. Instead I am doing a small cable pattern on the raglan seams. It's pretty dull knitting, but I'm learning the technique. Here is a photo of my progress. Also, I documented the nice bouqet of tulips that Matt gave me for my birthday.

I tried on the first part, and the neckline should be okay. As soon as I can try on the yoke itself, I plan to finish the neck (maybe in seed stitch) to make sure I like it. I'm trying not to rip the whole thing apart to start over.

Last week we had a beading get together. I had planned on knitting my test patterns, but nooooo. Cathy took one look at my art glass chips and got me started on a bracelet. I forget what style she called it. A skinny hairy perhaps? Anyway it's the orangy one in the photo. I really like it a lot. I think I have some aqua colored beads to make another one.

No comments: