Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Startitis

For the past week I've been itching to start a new project. Yesterday I treated myself to a trip to Uncommon Threads. It was so satisfying. I bought six skeins of Cascade 220 in a beautiful blue/green color. It will become a sweater for me, but I'm having trouble deciding on a technique. Will it be EZ percentage sweater or a top down? I'm thinking I can use EZ's bottom up technique and use Barbara Walker's set in sleeve shaping in reverse order. We'll see.

On impulse I bought a Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn and pattern. It was called Lake Effect, and I could not resist.

I was thinking I'd name my sweater, Lake Effect, but that doesn't seem right. Deep Blue Sea is not exactly it either. I'm sure it will come to me. Today is the perfect day for knitting. The snow is blowing horizontally past the windows. If only I didn't have to bake cookies and wrap a few gifts.

No comments: