Pages

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Lacy Rib Opal Socks






Here is how I made the Lacy Rib Opal Socks.

Yarn: Opal
Needles: size 2
I used the toe up method, knitting two socks on two circular needles. This is the first time I did a short row heel. I like the way it looks, but I haven't worn the socks as I'm saving them for a possible Christmas gift.

Lacy Rib Pattern:

Over a multiple of 6 st.
Row 1: (k2, yo, sl1 knitwise, k2tog, psso, yo, k1) around.
Rows 2 - 4: knit
I used 60 st. for the instep and ankle.
I cast on for the toes and increased until the instep was 60 st. Then started the pattern for the instep. After the heel, I did the pattern all around the ankle until it was close to the right height. Then I switched to a plain rib K4,P2 for an inch or so. I cast off using the outline stitch.

No comments: